Do you have 5+ years of experience in community-based health programs and grant management?
Are you passionate about serving the Chicago community?
We are currently in search of a Program Director for a Community-Based Health Organization. The position is based in Chicago, Illinois. This is a Permanent, Full-Time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Community-Based Health Organization
LOCATION: Chicago (Chinatown) – remote 50% of the time
POSITION TITLE: Program Director
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $60,000 – $65,000/annually
Is This Your Dream Job? Overview: Reporting to the Executive Director and supervising a team of 6, this role is responsible for overseeing all health programs for the organization, from planning and staffing programs to leading and execution and further evaluation. They will engage volunteers, coordinate the delivery of services to the community, and evaluate programs to identify success and areas for improvement. This role also oversees grant writing and grant management of different forms of grants, ensuring requirements are met and funders are updated as well as writing the actual proposals. The candidate will be a passionate and organized individual that cares for the community, is comfortable with diversity and has a strong health-based background.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· 5+ years of experience in community-health based programs as well as supervisory experience
· Master’s degree in pubic health, social services education or similar required
· Excellent grant writing and grant management skills for local and government grants
· Experience in developing and overseeing budget and operating plans
· Strong communication and administrative skills, works well under pressure and can handle multiple tasks and projects
· Comfortable with diversity and passionate about serving the community
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Oversee all health programs and grant management
· Supervise a team of program staff, ensuring programs are staffed, organized and executed in the community
· Write proposals and develop initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
· Understand the requirements of each program as well as oversee grant compliance and monitor reporting, communicate with funders as needed
· Assist the Executive Director with organizational development and strategy, developing new initiatives and ensuring existing programs are successful
· Report evaluation findings to the Executive Director
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Program Director” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.