Are you interested in making a difference through social justice causes? Do you have 6+ years of experience in Program or Organizational Management as well as a background in Government Affairs?
We are currently in search of a Program Manager, Government Affairs for a Social Justice Organization. The position is based in San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Washington DC, or remote telecommute. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Justice Nonprofit
LOCATION: San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Washington DC, or remote telecommute
POSITION TITLE: Program Manager – Government Affairs
Is This Your Dream Job? A Social Justice Organization is seeking a Program Manager, Government Affairs to oversee all aspects of the organization’s state policy advocacy strategies as well as provide support to the Managing Director. This role will communicate regularly with the regional and state directors to track campaigns and help organize events, meetings, as well as activities. This detail-oriented position will maintain internal information, sharing emerging needs and keeping staff current with developing issues.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 6+ years of experience in program management, human resources, and/or leadership development
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; advanced degree preferred
- Experience with Google Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with diverse stakeholders
- Highly organized and systems-oriented
- Able to work independently and create new systems for internal communications
- Mission-driven toward social justice issues and advocating for diverse populations
- Willingness to travel 30% of the year
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Cultivate relationships with lobbyists by acting as a liaison between the Managing Director and state-wide connections
- Manage internal projects that collect information, track action items, and propose as well as coordinate a plan to meet project deadlines
- Act as the right-hand person for the Program Director by crafting key correspondence, advising on pertinent topics, and coordinating travel
- Manage the timeline of all contracts and grants under the Managing Director
- Assist with editing or writing speeches for the Managing Director
- Coordinate and plan state policy events
- Anticipate information gaps and recommend the necessary support needed.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume and cover letter, outlining your interest in nonprofit recruiting to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Manager-Govt Affairs” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.