Are you an experienced nonprofit professional? Are you passionate about social justice and social equity cause for marginalized groups? Do you have a broad range of skills that you want to bring together in your next role?
We are currently in search of a Project Manager for a Social Justice Advancement Nonprofit. The position is based in Oakland, CA. This is a Temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Justice Advancement Nonprofit
LOCATION: Oakland, CA
POSITION TITLE: Project Manager
DURATION: Temporary, Full-Time
HOURS: 9:00 AM-6:00 PM
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Project Manager, you will be responsible for supporting client organizations with the overall operations of their nonprofits. You have worked in budgeting, events, contracts and feel comfortable serving as a thought leader. Your event management skills will lead the organizations success in negotiating contracts, ordering supplies and propelling their growth. Your eye for detail and strong relationships with clients and staff will lead the success in projects of varying sizes.
- Expertise in communication and detail orientation, with a background ranging from inter-departmental decision making, high-volume scheduling, event coordination and budget management
- 4+ years of nonprofit experience, especially in operations and/or management
- Exposure to project management tools and/or alternative databases, with strong technical skills
- Adept in all Microsoft Office Suite Programs (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Pays impeccable attention to detail and is extremely organized
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate needs and think strategically
- Possesses a friendly and approachable demeanor, positive attitude, and genuine interest in interacting with staff, Board, and donors
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Managing a high volume of email and phone communications with project participants, answering questions and providing a consultative approach to project movement
- Overseeing multiple budgets, contracts, insurances and vendor negotiations
- Supporting event logistics and execution from a “behind the scenes” point of view
- Conducting monthly and bi-weekly check ins with project participants/clients, and anticipating their needs
- Monitoring expenses and income
- Managing up and inter-departmentally
- Supporting multiple social justice causes with cultural sensitivity
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Project Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.