Do you have 3+ year of experience in publications with the ability to work independently?
Are you interested in working with a dynamic and growing team?
We are currently in search of a Publications Manager for a Foundation. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a Full Time, Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Foundation
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Publications Manager
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $65,000 – $75,000/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Communications Director, this position is responsible for managing the production, publishing, and licensing of products of the Foundation. They will oversee outside vendors for product distribution and assist the Communications Director with publication editing, product marketing and distribution. Additionally, they will be the primary source of the Foundation’s digital course provider. The candidate will be able to work independently and take on a variety of projects as their own. This individual will possess strong people skills, technical skills, and project management skills and be excited to grow in a small but dynamic team.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· 3+ years of experience in publishing, with a strong project management background, and course development production a big plus
· Bachelor’s Degree required in Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing or related fields
· Experience interacting and managing consultants and vendors
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and handle many projects and deadlines
· Strong people skills and technical skills
· Experience using iMIS and Adobe required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Oversee a variety of tasks related to producing or publishing products for the organization
· Handle the creation, editing and processing of text and graphics, planning and managing projects
· Work with production scheduled and coordinate all parties involved, overseeing various vendors
· Produce reports and provide analysis on product sales and forecasting
· Collaborate across the team to deliver on creative content and management of web content
· Support the communications efforts
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.