Do you have a passion for community housing and programming?
Are you looking for a role that will allow you to grow your case management skills?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Rapid Re-Housing Coordinator for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a temporary to permanent, full-time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL (Tinley Park)
POSITION TITLE: Nonprofit Rapid Re-Housing Coordinator
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SCHEDULE: Full-time (40 hours/week)
HOURLY PAY: $15.00 – $18.00/hour
SALARY: $35,000 – $40,000/year
Is This Your Dream Job? The Rapid Re-Housing (RRH) Coordinator is responsible for coordination of the RRH program and provides case management and supportive services to clients in the Rapid Re-Housing and Emergency Services programs to promote self-sufficiency, integration into the community, and permanency in housing. The RRH Coordinator will use a trauma-informed and strengths-based approach to the work with the primary focus of ending homelessness by assisting participants to obtain and maintain safe, permanent housing. This is an on-site position*
Our Ideal Candidate:
- BA in Social Work (or related field) required
- 3+ years’ experience working with families in crisis required
- Prior experience working with domestic violence victims required
- Prior experience working with MS Office Suite required
- Fluency in Spanish (speaking and writing) a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills and display attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve and apply critical thinking to projects assigned
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Conduct housing and needs assessments to connect individuals and families impacted by domestic violence to appropriate permanent housing as quickly as possible.
- Educate shelter residents on the RRH program and entry guidelines.
- Assist clients to develop client-driven goals, and housing, financial and self-sufficiency plans that are solution-focused and based on clients’ strengths.
- Provide direct, client-driven case management services to help clients resolve or mitigate barriers to securing and maintaining permanent housing.
- Assist with the recruitment of landlords, developers, real estate agents and brokers, and other community social service and housing providers, in order to identify appropriate apartments for individuals and families experiencing domestic violence.
- Educate landlords and other partners about RRH and its benefits, and address potential barriers to landlord participation such as concern about tenant qualifications.
- Identify appropriate housing for program participants as quickly as possible.
- Assist with the facilitation of educational workshops for clients on skills needed to acquire and maintain an apartment.
- Assist client with housing applications, and ensure the timely completion of housing packages and tracking of package submissions.
- Assist clients with rent and lease negotiations, and with basic needs at move-in, such as transportation and essential home supplies.
- Conduct HUD apartment inspections to assess whether apartments are safe, sanitary and meet standards.
- Develop a network of community resources to help participants build a support system in order to achieve and maintain self-sufficiency.
- Refer and link clients to community resources, including but not limited to public benefits, healthcare, food supports, legal assistance, credit counseling, and subsidized childcare, in order to support housing stability and retention.
- Work with clients to identify pathways for increasing earned income after housing placement, including participation in employment support programs.
- Conduct client home visits or other field visits, where appropriate, in order to monitor progress of clients’ goals and resolve any issues that may lead to tenancy programs, such as disputes with landlords.
- Serve as back up to the Housing Resource Specialist to provide Emergency Services and complete Coordinated Entry assessments for continuum housing.
- Participate in training on housing identification, housing assistance programs, landlord tenant rights and responsibilities, and other core competencies.
- Work with supervisor and team to achieve contract outcomes and goals.
- Maintain individual client files, including logs and outcome reports, to document all aspects of case management, assessments, and achievements for participants.
- Assist with reporting requirements, including the use of client file management and data collection systems.
- Engage in timely and accurate data entry into the data management system.
- Emergency Services Department Meetings, supervision with the Director of Emergency Services and other meetings and trainings as requested by the Director of Emergency Services.
- Successfully complete SOAR training within 3 months of hire.
- Successfully complete all required Coordinated Entry training of the continuum within 3 months of hire.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.