Are you interested in making a difference through social justice causes? Are you skilled at producing quality research in a fast-paced campaign environment?
We are currently in search of a Research Manager for a Social Justice Organization. The position is based in San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Washington DC, or remote telecommute. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Justice Nonprofit
LOCATION: San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Washington DC, or remote telecommute
POSITION TITLE: Research Manager
Is This Your Dream Job? A social justice organization is in search of a Research Manager that is adept at advancing campaign goals through research, data analysis, composing reports, and tracking important social justice issues. This role will work collaboratively and closely with the President, Vice-President, Director of Research, and Michigan Government Affairs Manager of the organization through research assignments as well as contributing to the campaign strategy.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 4+ years of research experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3+ years of experience in social justice reform research
- Experience with Google Suite
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Independent project manager that is analytical and results-oriented
- Synthesize research and present it in a comprehensible report
- Produce high-quality research quickly with attention to detail and accuracy
- Familiarity with the Michigan state policies in relation to the mission of the organization
- Experience working with diverse communities and a personal commitment to social justice issues
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Conduct rapid response research in a fast-paced work flow in order to provide support for campaign strategy development
- Lead special data projects for the organization and develop impact estimates for proposed policy changes
- Present research and data to internal personnel as well as external stakeholders
- Track current social justice policies and developments across the nation
- Support the research efforts of state-based partners through research design and analysis
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume and cover letter, outlining your interest in nonprofit recruiting to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Research Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.