Are you passionate about strengthening employee relations and creating a positive work culture?
Do you have at least 10 years of Human Resource management experience in a nonprofit setting?
Are you motivated to lead a passionate team that is dedicated to their mission?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Senior Director of Human Resources for a Human Services Organization. This is a full-time, permanent position based in Chicago, IL.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Human Services Organization
POSITION TITLE: Nonprofit Sr. Director of Human Resources
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Sr. Director of Human Resources will administer all agency personnel functions, recommend and implement policies and procedures required for personnel administration, and organizational development under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer. The organization is seeking a seasoned human resource professional who thinks and works collaboratively with others while maintaining a high level of leadership and support within the department.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 10 years of Human Resource experience and guidance in a nonprofit setting, 5 years’ supervisory experience.
- SHRM Certification preferred.
- HRIS and payroll experience required. Skilled in programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Excellent knowledge of the principles and practices of HR planning, personnel administration, performance management, compensation/benefit administration and organizational development.
- Ability to apply human resources practices that promote and support strategic changes when needed in the direction of the agency.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, problem solving/decision making, negotiating, analytical, diagnostic and organizational skills are required.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to apply federal, state, and local legislation and regulations concerning human resources practices.
- Ability to provide guidance and coaching during new hire orientations and staff trainings.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Recruits, hires, and supervises the human resources department.
- Participates with the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors in the development of agency personnel policies and procedures and strategic human resources’ initiatives that meet the business objectives of the agency.
- Makes frequent administrative decisions on such activities as employment, policy implementation, compensation administration, employee and labor relations, etc., to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws.
- Provides relevant agency-wide performance management programs including guidance and training on same as needed to supervisors and managers.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Increases and broadens knowledge/expertise of human resources practices through internal and external training programs and seminars; keeps abreast of human resources trends and develops and expands knowledge of federal, state, and local legal requirements.
- Implements agency personnel policies and procedures and provides detailed guidelines for procedures.
- Assists Agency administrators in developing, implementing, and monitoring action plans to address and resolve employee conflict, discrepancies and human resource related problems.
- Advises CEO on-going human resource issues, such as performance management, employee relations, work force diversity, employee compensation, etc.
- Works with division and center directors in developing staffing requirements, as necessary.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers in Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.