Do you have 7+ years of international membership management experience?
Are you interested in working with a dynamic, mission-driven team focused on improving healthcare?
We are currently in search of a Senior Director of Membership for an International Healthcare Association. The position is based in Rockville, MD or Tampa, FL. This is a full-time, permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: International Healthcare Association
LOCATION: Rockville, MD OR Tampa, FL
POSITION TITLE: Senior Director of Membership
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $110,000 – $130,000 (dependent on location and experience)
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this role is responsible for developing and implementing strategy for membership growth and retention and oversees the membership team in Tampa. This role focuses on individual membership of the professional association on both the domestic and international level. The candidate will manage the membership services center to ensure high quality experiences for members, develop policies/procedures for affiliates and chapters and develop volunteer training. The candidate will be flexible and adaptable and have the ability to work with different personalities and cultures.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 7+ years of membership management experience required
- International Association experience required
- Experience working in an association with 10,000+ members
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree and CAE preferred
- Background in accomplishing organizational goals with volunteer leaders
- Experience supervising staff and leading teams
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, can be flexible and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- iMIS experience a plus; AMS experience required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Providing leadership to 3-person membership team based in Florida
- Streamline recruitment and member services processes
- Develop and implement new recruitment/retention strategies as needed (50% of time)
- Set priorities and achievable goals for the teams
- Keep on top of deliverables and remain flexible with changing priorities
- Provide leadership to global Affiliates and Chapters as needed
- Develop volunteer training and serve as liaison between committees
- Some domestic and international travel required
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Have you heard of GROWTHtrack? Sign up today for this FREE professional development webinar designed for your professional progress at careersinnonprofits.com/growthtrack. Conducted weekly.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.