We are currently in search of a Senior Manager of Institutional Giving for an Animal-focused organization. The position is based in Marin County, CA. This is a permanent, full-time opportunity with some flexibility in hours and remote work.
ORGANIZATION: Animal-Focused Organization
LOCATION: Marin County, CA
POSITION TITLE: Senior Manager of Institutional Giving
DURATION: Full-time, Permanent with flexible capabilities
Position Overview:The Senior Manager of Institutional Giving is responsible for planning, implementing and executing institutional development activities and stewardship of existing relationships, partnering with businesses, foundation, government and other community entities. This position reports to and works directly with the Director of Institutional Giving.
You will work to secure resources from major institutional donors and prospects to ensure sustainability and growth for the organization and its programs. You will oversee the Institutional Giving program and be the leader in the implementation of the strategic plans identifying and articulating goals and objectives and translating them into fundraising opportunities, as well as overseeing prospect research and advising the Director of Institutional Giving on other opportunities. This position is focused on supporting existing external relationships in a way that enhances community involvement yet also in alignment with the internal operations of the organization. This is an ideal role for a development-focused professional with either a proven track record of working with Bay Area corporate donors or commensurate experience and skills to do so.
- Steward a pipeline of current corporate relationships and solicit and develop a more robust pipeline by engaging corporate donors through various means and touch points within the organization and soliciting gifts
- Work towards securing and collecting a fundraising goal of $500K+ in institutional giving the first year, contributing to the overall institutional goal of $2.5M and organization’s overall fundraising goal of $7M.
- Monitor progress towards fundraising goals; intervene to adjust strategies or implement new strategies as needed
- Proactively develop efforts to engage foundation executives and their boards via meetings, site visits/tours, presentations, correspondence and stewardship
- Work collaboratively with the development, events and volunteer teams to coordinate annual in-kind requests as well as engagement opportunities for donors
- Meets and collaborates with internal contacts to determine organizational priorities and needs to formulate strategies to promote donor engagement and to identify potential donors
- Possess outstanding writing abilities and ability to write and submit grants
- Coordinate with Marketing & Communications team on stewardship and recognition calendar
- 2-5+ years of professional experience in nonprofit development/fundraising, community engagement or marketing/sales, experience in institutional giving a plus
- Commitment to goal attainment and ability to engage with high-level volunteers and donors
- Demonstrated ability to establish, build relationships, and successfully secure four-to-six-figure gifts; comfortable conducting prospect research and meeting donors in-person
- Proven track record of securing new funding opportunities or similar, comprehensive knowledge of research, and the ability to identify new funding sources
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to create and cultivate own leads, while also collaborating on special projects as determined by the Director of Institutional Giving
- People-oriented, collaborative, and hardworking individual with strong and confident written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to run presentations
- Experience with MS Office and Raiser’s Edge or similar donor database
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume and cover letter, outlining your interest in nonprofit recruiting to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Manager of Institutional Giving” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not the best fit for you?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this fad.