Do you have a passion for advancing social justice, racial justice and criminal justice reform?
Do you have experience in managing operations and logistics?
We are currently in search of a Senior Manager of Operations for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in Oakland, CA. This is a Full Time, Permanent role.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Oakland, CA
POSITION TITLE: Senior Manager of Operations
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $110,000-$125,000 annual
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the COO this position is responsible for the day to day activities of the Operations Department (to include, Finance, Human Resources, Facilities, and IT). They will be responsible for creating synergy across 3 nonprofit organizations by strengthening the communication and administrative processes across the organizations. This position will work closely with IT, Finance, HR and other key staff to monitor, track and implement new processes to streamline production. The candidate will be a creative, compassionate and resourceful individual that is eager to implement organizational change and be a part of an impactful team. The candidate will also manage 4-5 direct reports.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent education and nonprofit management experience
- 5+ years of experience in managing operations or multi-faceted program management
- Excellent organizational and communications skills (written/verbal) with public speaking experience
- Experience in a leadership role and supervising staff; preference for out-of- state & remote management experience
- Strong attention to detail and proficient in the creation and implementation of operational processes and systems
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced environment
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Provide leadership and management of operational protocols and staff throughout the organization to strengthen the operating efficiency
- Supervise and mentor 4-5 direct reports within Operations Department
- Communicate with and serve as a thought-partner to the COO to create a strategic plan for the Operations department
- Manage and lead staff meetings, trainings and retreats for the division
- Oversee the department’s calendar and track the operations and logistics of various projects and initiatives
- Promote clear communications to and from the Operations department when implementing technical solutions to streamline internal systems
- Maintain compliance with all Federal, State and local safety requirements, employment laws and policies
- Update and implement IT systems and platforms and create a new training program for all staff, including new hire onboarding
- Manage all facility guidelines and protocols for Headquarters (Oakland location) and 4 satellite offices
- Other duties as assigned and requested by the COO and members of the Executive Team
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Manager of Operations” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.