Do you have a passion for advancing missions that impact the planet?
Do you have experience in managing operations and human resources for a growing organization?
We are currently in search of a Senior Operations Manager for a Global Organization focused on Environmental Sustainability. The location is flexible as this position is Remote. This is a Full Time, Permanent role. This is an opportunity to work closely with an award-winning social entrepreneur known for innovative leadership in the environmental space. Though remote, the culture is very collaborative and personable.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Global Organization focused on Environmental Sustainability
LOCATION: Remote, Headquarters in San Francisco
POSITION TITLE: Senior Operations Manager
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $90,000-$110,000 annual
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the CEO this position is responsible for the day to day activities of the Operations Department (to include Finance and working directly with Accounting Firm, Human Resources and other Operations). This position will track and implement new processes and structures for an Award-winning and growing startup organization. The candidate will be a humble, entrepreneurial, proactive, compassionate and resourceful individual, someone who is eager in help the organization scale and grow over time and be a part of an impactful team.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Nonprofit management experience required; operations startup experience preferred
- 3-5+ years of experience in managing Operations/Finance/HR
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- Nonprofit Accounting and Finance experience, experience with startup
- Ability to work with legal teams, understand state and federal employment laws (international employment laws a plus), tax implications of running an organization with global activity and staff working from various states
- Experience hiring, on-boarding, and supporting a remote staff working from various locations
- Strong attention to detail and proficient in the creation and implementation of operational processes and systems across an organization
- Able to learn new technologies quickly with enthusiasm to work toward efficiency for the organization
- Excellent organizational and communications skills (written/verbal)
- A continuous leaner with an ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced environment with a high work ethic
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Provide leadership and management of operational protocols and staff throughout the organization to strengthen the operating efficiency
- Communicate with and serve as a thought-partner to the CEO in strategic plan for areas of Operations, Finance and HR
- Improve existing as well as create new processes and systems focused on innovation, efficiency and growth for a fast-growing organization
- Maintain compliance with all Federal, State and local (potentially also international) safety requirements, employment laws and policies
- Update and implement IT systems and platforms as necessary
- Handle all HR functions including recruitment, hiring and onboarding
- Oversee the department’s calendar and track the operations and logistics of various projects and initiatives
- Promote clear communications to the staff when implementing technical solutions and processes to streamline internal systems
- Other duties as assigned and requested by the CEO
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Operations Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.