Do you have previous experience working in accounting?
Are you passionate about mission driven work?
We are currently in search of a Staff Accountant for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in Oakbrook Terrace, IL. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Oakbrook Terrace, IL
POSITION TITLE: Staff Accountant
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SCHEUDLE: Full-time (40 hours/week)
HOURLY PAY: $22.00 – $25.00/hour
SALARY: $60,000 – $65,000 annually
Is This Your Dream Job? The Staff Accountant will be the point of contact for the auditors. This role will support the Vice President, CFO and Board of Directors. The major responsibilities include conducting the year end close, and preparing regular financial reporting and analysis, as well as, monthly account reconciliations.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- 2 + years’ Accounting experience (non-profit experience, a plus)
- Experience with 990 tax filing, highly desirable
- Experience with MS Office Excel, required
- Strong customer service skills, with ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Highly detail-oriented and organized to ensure work product accuracy
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and verbal skills
- Time management skills and ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Good interpersonal skills and flexibility, along with confidentiality and thoroughness
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.