Do you have experience with advising or mentoring college students?
Are you interested in working with a dynamic, mission-driven team?
We are currently in search of a Student Services Coordinator for a Higher Education Association. The position is based in Alexandria, VA. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Higher Education Association
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
POSITION TITLE: Student Services Coordinator
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SCHEDULE: 37.5 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $15.00 – $17.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Student Services Coordinator will be the first point of contact for program participants. This person will build relationships with students, ensuring their success throughout their college education. This is an entry level role, well-suited for a recent college graduate. The anticipated salary for the permanent role would be between $50-$60k.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Prior experience advising college students required
- At least 1+ year of administrative experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Resident Assistant experience a plus
- Ability to manage data via a CRM required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Belief in the power of the American Dream and the free-enterprise system
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Engage with students to support their success as an undergraduate student
- Assist students in navigating the financial aid process and college selection
- Communicate with students, administrators, parents/relatives regularly
- Coordinate personal, academic and career support as needed
- Document student progress, proactively identifying issues and challenges
- Maintain and collect data on an ongoing basis, making regular assessments of individual student progress toward degree completion
- Provide regular updates and information about students to donors as needed
- Provide referrals for direct support services as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.