Do you have 3+ years of IT experience within a nonprofit?
Are you passionate about working in a mission-driven environment?
We are currently in search of a Systems Operations Manager for a Nonprofit Media Organization. The position is based in Bethesda, Maryland but will begin remotely. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Media Nonprofit
LOCATION: Bethesda, Maryland (Remote to start)
POSITION TITLE: Systems Operations Manager
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SCHEDULE: 45-50 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $30.00-$33.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Systems Operations Manager will provide Tier 2 support with network administration, server maintenance, vendor management, as well as oversight to the Help Desk team member. They will be an active member of your team’s strategy and development, especially in regards to building capacity for remote infrastructure. This will ideally be a temporary to permanent opportunity for the right person with an anticipated salary of $75-80k.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of IT experience required, nonprofit experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Project and vendor management experience required
- Experience with Windows Active Directory, Network Administration, VMware, Hyper-V, and MS Azure preferred
- Cyber Security experience a plus
- Supervisory experience preferred
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manage IT-focused projects and participate in cross-functional project teams
- Work with senior leadership and end-users to support IT initiatives
- Ensure the security of the network, while also supporting the need for remote access
- Daily technology and staff support
- Ensure employees are trained on the most productive use of available technology
- Maintain a business continuity program, monitoring backup activity to ensure reliability
- Manage and maintain a hardware inventory database
- Provide long-term strategic planning and acquire technologies that support a mobile and teleworking workforce
- Write and continuously update Standard Operating Procedures documentation
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.