Are you a charismatic leader with a passion to move meaningful projects forward?
Do you consider yourself entrepreneurial, with a desire to create and innovate tasks?
Are you passionate about health care and suicide prevention?
We are currently in search of a Vice President for a Health Foundation. The position is based in New York, NY (or remote). This is a permanent/direct-hire position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Health Foundation
LOCATION: New York, NY or remote
POSITION TITLE: Vice President
Is This Your Dream Job? The Vice President has overall responsibility for developing, implementing and assessing this organization’s program initiative. This project is a high-impact, collaborative initiative. In order to achieve the desired objectives, the VP will be tasked to work proactively with other healthcare and suicide prevention organizations, organization chapters, and state and federal agencies. The VP would be expected to become knowledgeable about the current state of research and programmatic activities in the suicide prevention field. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer with additional reporting line to the Chief Medical Officer.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of management, supervisory, or leadership experience
- Master’s level education, with knowledge of program management and/or healthcare systems
- Proven track record of seeing projects through to fruition
- Project management skills and experience highly desirable
- Innovative and charismatic, demonstrated ability to create partnerships and facilitate results
- Experience building relations and working with a range of public and private sector leaders
- Excellent writing and communication skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Lead project business plan and modify as appropriate, including goals, strategies, tactics and outcomes, financial planning and budgeting
- Lead implementation of business plan, setting quarterly and annual priorities
- Act as a change agent by stimulating new ways of addressing suicide prevention activities to bring about outcomes that reduce suicide burden
- Manage, deepen and/or establish internal and external stakeholder relationships key to implementing project objectives
- Track progress in achieving identified outcomes in each of the project’s target areas
- Serve as an organization spokesperson related to project goals and priorities
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.