Do you have 3+ years’ experience in both graphic design and website coding?
Do you have a passion for Chicago-based journalism and storytelling?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Web and Graphics Editor for an Advocacy Association. The position is based in Downtown (Loop) Chicago, IL. This is a permanent, full-time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Advocacy Association
LOCATION: Remote, Downtown (Loop) Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Nonprofit Web and Graphics Editor
DURATION: Direct-hire, permanent
SCHEDULE: Full time (40 hours/week)
SALARY EXPECTATION: $55,000-$65,000/year
Is This Your Dream Job? The Nonprofit Web and Graphics Editor reports to the Vice President of Operations and works closely with the Director of Investigations, Director of Policy, and their respective teams, building story packages and data visualizations for the web. Experience in digital storytelling and a passion for local journalism is a must; this individual works collaboratively with reporters and analysts to create powerful visuals and applications that increase the scope, comprehensibility and impact of the organization’s work. This position requires this candidate to be comfortable with design and with code. The Editor will be a key player in developing the full suite of digital products — the website, microsites, off-platform pages, as well as manage presentation and publishing of all stories.
*Candidate must be available to train on-site for the first few days of the role.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in story design, illustration, data-visualization, and web publishing
- Highly proficient in web-based publishing and design technologies such as Drupal CMS
- Experience in web page design, web programming techniques and protocols
- Proven experience in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Strong writing and editing and skills with attention to accuracy in all written pieces
- Ability to communicate effectively both on and offline
- Interest in and basic knowledge of state and local Illinois government expected
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Design, manage and publish all content for Association’s stories with the utmost attention to detail and journalistic accuracy
- Work closely and collaboratively to conceptualize, design, and publish stories, from heavy-duty investigative journalism packages (illustrations, data visualizations, photos, videos); issue explainers, policy analyses, columns, and standard news items
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to ensure content is shareable on social and web platforms
- Work as a strategic partner with leadership toward re-fitting the Association’s website and creating new approaches to presenting content on the Web
- Track analytics, measure progress against goals, and provide regular reports and strategy recommendations
- Function as project manager for special story projects (interfacing and managing outside vendors, freelancers, as needed)
- Stay current on new and emerging trends and apply appropriately to the Association’s efforts
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.