Do you have experience in both Graphic Design and Website Coding?
Do you have a passion for journalism?
We are currently in search of a Web and Graphics Editor for a News Association. This position is based in Chicago, IL and is a full time, permanent opportunity.
ORGANIZATION: News Association
LOCATION: Chicago, IL(The Loop)
POSITION TITLE: Web and Graphics Editor
DURATION: Permanent, Full – Time
SALARY: $47,000 – $57,000
Is This Your Dream Job? This person reports to the Vice President of Operations, but works closely with the Director of Investigations and Director of Policy, and their respective teams, building story packages and data visualizations for the web.
Ideally, you’ll have experience in digital storytelling and a passion for local journalism; you see it as your mission to work collaboratively with excellent reporters and analysts, creating powerful visuals and applications that increase the scope, comprehensibility and impact of the work.
This position requires that you be comfortable with design and with code. You will be a key player in developing the full suite of digital products — the website, microsites, off-platform pages, and more. You will also manage presentation and publishing of the stories on the CMS.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- + 2 years of Graphic Design and Website Coding experience
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with interactive graphic design
- Ability to work without direction, has a proactive mindset and is always thinking one step head
- Experience with a modern front-end stack: SASS/SCSS, build tools such as Gulp or Webpack, frameworks such as React or Vue
- Familiarity with cloud computing services for static deployment and systems administration, such as AWS
- Experience with back-end programming languages and frameworks, such as Python/Django or Node.js
- Illustration chops, using Photoshop, Illustrator or hand-drawn
- Familiarity with Google tags and analytics
- Ability to communicate effectively both on and offline
- A portfolio-proven eye for digital design
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Format and publish content in the CMS (currently Drupal 7); maintain site’s performance and appearance
- Work closely and collaboratively to conceptualize, design, and publish digital news products, such as story packages, database applications and data visualizations
- Be a strategic partner in the development of the website and long-term data products
- Work closely with the engagement team to develop and execute strategies for digital audience engagement
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume AND two links showing website/graphic design work you have done to email@example.com with “Web and Graphics Editor” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.