Do you have great interpersonal and customer service skills?
Do you consider yourself to be well-organized?
Are you comfortable managing administrative support for staff of all levels?
We are currently in search of an Office & Administrative Assistant for an Environmental Nonprofit Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a Permanent, full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Environmental Nonprofit Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Office & Administrative Assistant
Is This Your Dream Job? The Office & Administrative Assistant will work closely with the Chief Operating & Financial Officer (COO/CFO) to oversee office operations and provide direct administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and other executive staff. This person will be outgoing and comfortable interacting with a diverse spectrum of people, including senior executives. He/she will be a self-starter that can take ownership of his/her duties under minimal supervision.
- Competitive health benefits package.
- Generous PTO
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree or 1-2 years’ experience of office administration/office management.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, including the ability to work with staff at all levels, external partners, and as a general representative of the organization to the public.
- Highly organized, with a strong attention to detail.
- Comfortable and skill in managing IT functions.
- Self-starter with an ability to excel in a professional environment with limited supervision.
- Ability to manage take manage complex tasks and long term projects.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Bilingual (Spanish – preferred)
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Managing office functions including reception, phones, master calendar, and mail processing.
- Providing administrative support for organization-wide meetings and staff events, including preparation, development and compilation of agendas, travel planning, exhibits and meeting materials.
- Supports VP, Finance and Administration in administrative and data entry needs.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Office & Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.