Do you have 2 + years of administrative experience?
Are you a proactive, self-starter looking for a diverse role?
We are currently in search of an Office Administrator for a Civic & Social Organization
ORGANIZATION: Civic & Social Organization
LOCATION: Vernon Hills, IL
POSITION TITLE: Office Administrator
HOURLY PAY: $16.00 – $19.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Office Administrator is responsible for entering daily deposits of incoming revenue in DonorPerfect (donor database), coordinating tax acknowledgement letters, managing office equipment and vendors and providing clerical and administrative support for the Executive Director, as well as Accounting and Development Departments. The OA also serves as support for other staff members, as needed.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- High school degree required; College degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with fund raising databases/CRMs preferred
- Ability to learn new software and computer systems
- Ability to meet deadlines and work with tremendous attention to detail
- High capacity to manage, assess value and importance, and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interface with all levels of Board, staff and volunteers
- Ability to work and make sound decisions independently and take initiative to work with a team
- Must be a professional, organized, self-motivated, energetic, people-oriented individual
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manage the physical office space, supplies, and IT systems
- Serve as primary point of contact for vendors and servicers
- Serve as primary point of contact for staff IT and supply requests
- Source solution options when maintenance and office issues arise
- Answer incoming calls, triaging to appropriate staff members
- Receive, open, and sort mail
- Confirm accuracy of invoices for services
- Coordinate and prepare meeting spaces
Donor Records Management
- Document new donations and provide to bookkeeper for accounting
- Classify and input donation information in DonorPerfect database
- Produce timely acknowledgment letters for donations
- Maintain website and ensure that content is current
- Coordinate print services for mailings
- Coordinate gift recognition programs
- Coordinate volunteer assistance with recognition programs
- Respond to donors’ inquiries and direct to appropriate staff member
- Maintain and update rosters and contact information for Board of Directors
- Maintain and update rosters and contact information for Young Professionals Board
- Attend evening Board meetings and take minutes
Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Office Administrator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.