Are you an experienced individual in both organizing and coordinating office operations?
We are currently in search of an Office Coordinator for an Advocacy Initiative. The position is based in Downtown Chicago. This is a temp-to-perm, full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Advocacy Initiative
LOCATION: Downtown Chicago
POSITION TITLE: Office Coordinator
SALARY: $35,000 – 40,000
Is This Your Dream Job? The Office Coordinator position is a full-time position responsible for organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. The Office Coordinator will report to the Associate Director.
- Salary is competitive
- Comprehensive health and disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Our Ideal Candidate:
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2-4 years of administrative experience
- Interest and commitment to organization mission and values
- Ability to organize and multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact at all levels of the organization, including Board of Directors, senior team, staff, grantees, donors and sponsors; as well as an understanding of organizational dynamics
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel. Ability to learn software (Salsa, SalesForce, etc.)
- Experience coordinating, planning and managing projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication; Ability to capture written style/voice of the organization and the person you are representing in the communication
- Proactive, well-organized, attention to detail and able to meet deadlines; ability to work with minimal supervision and manage multiple tasks, take initiative and prioritize assignments.
- Interest in and commitment to performing essential administrative duties and creating effective administrative systems
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds and capable of standing for one hour or more
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Welcome constituents, in person or on the telephone; answer or direct general inquiries
- Monitor organization mail and email account and direct to appropriate staff
- Manage general condition of the office, including conference room, kitchen and other common areas
- Coordinate office upkeep and maintain of office equipment and schedule repairs and maintenance as needed
- Manage relationships with venders and service providers, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Order office and event supplies
- Maintain organizational calendars
- Support event planning as needed
- Prepare and send acknowledgement letters and other correspondence as assigned
- Coordinate office logistics for new staff and interns
- Compile and distribute staff meeting agenda and notes
- Responsible for filing organizational documents, archiving old files, and developing filing processes for tracking of organizational documents
- Review and prepare bills to be paid on timely basis
- Process monthly credit card statements and employee expense reports
- Gather and track receipts from office staff to support payments
- Prepare deposits
- Compile and maintain administrative documentation for Independent Contractors
- Track IT issues and coordinate maintenance sessions with IT consultant
- Troubleshoot/problem-solve IT issues as they arise
- Assist with data entry and update information into organizational database
- Prepare lists for solicitations and event registrations
Administrative Support to Executive Director
- Prepare materials required for board meetings, committee meetings, and board orientation
- Assist with administrative paperwork, manage calendar, and facilitate travel arrangements as needed
- Prepare general correspondence
- Assist with special projects
Talents and Competencies
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension; asks for clarification when necessary
- Proofreads works and edits for spelling and grammar
- Keeps others adequately informed
- Identifies problems in a timely manner and elevates to supervisor as necessary
- Manages competing demands
- Reflects on factors leading to problem and proposes solutions to prevent problem in the future
- Demonstratives accuracy, thoroughness, and commitment to excellence
- Discreet with confidential information, whether personal or professional
- Expresses self honestly, and is consistent in words and actions
- Contributes to building trust and positivity
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Office Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.