Are you an experienced nonprofit Operations Support professional?
We are currently in search of an Office Manager for a Membership-Based Association. The position is based in Downtown Chicago. This is a (temporary, full-time) assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Membership-Based Association
LOCATION: Downtown Chicago
POSITION TITLE: Office Manager
SALARY: $17.00/hour – $19.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? You will assist the CEO in managing the activities of the executive office; perform all bookkeeping; direct certain service contractors; and maintain all organization and financial records.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Must be able to demonstrate good communication skills
- Must be familiar with accounting, operating statements, and balance sheets
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Knowledge of computers and management information systems is desirable
- Must be an effective organizer and pay close attention to detail
- Must have the ability to work with all kinds of people. Proficient in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks online. Association and knowledge of CRM systems a plus.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Share responsibility for all aspects of membership requests and processing registrations and orders
- Field inquires as assigned, to include email and phone
- Maintain petty cash
- Perform all bookkeeping functions including:
– Preparing and processing payroll
– Processing invoices and preparing checks for payment and ensuring that all accounts payable are cleared within a reasonable time
– Managing the accounts receivable files and ensuring that all accounts are cleared within a reasonable time
– Processing revenues and disbursing funds
– Bank reconciliations
– Maintain financial records for organization
- Manage files pertaining to legal and tax records, leases and confidential corporate files. Coordinate gathering signatures for all corporate resolutions, legal documents, tax forms, census, etc.
- Coordinate annual audit of financial records
- Assist in the maintenance of the employee insurance benefit programs (life, disability, and 401K)
- Coordinate insurance needs, insurance policies (D&O, P & C, Bond)
- Communicate with the building management for any problems
- Assist as requested with Annual Conference responsibilities
- Assist as requested with Board of Directors correspondence
- Staff liaison to office equipment, building management and IT vendors
- Responsible for maintenance of all office hardware and equipment
- Registration management onsite at organization’s annual conference
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Office Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.