Do you have at least 9 ECE credits?
Are you interested in working with a dynamic, mission-driven team?
We are currently in search of a Parent Educator for a Social Services Organization. This position is based in Downtown Chicago.
ORGANIZATION: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Downtown Chicago
POSITION TITLE: Parent Educator
DURATION: Temporary, Full time
HOURLY PAY: $14.00 – $16.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? We are in search of a Parent Educator to advocate and serve as a liaison between the family, the program, and the community as a whole. The Parent Educator will collaborate with a partner in lesson planning for group socializations and parent workshops.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- A minimum of 9 ECE required or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood/Child
Development. Transcript required.
- Experience working with young children ages 0-5 years old preferred.
- Must demonstrate the ability to establish helping relationships with families of varying cultural, educational, experiential and socio-economic backgrounds and handle emergency and crisis situations.
- Must be able to make home visits to present, prospective, and former clients in the clients’ own home.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Has experience facilitating parent workshops and group socializations.
- Has a valid driver’s license, car insurance, and access to automobile.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Conduct intake and enrollment for all qualified children/families and make sure all the proper documentation are obtained.
- Help maintain 80% enrollment rate throughout the program year by focusing on recruitment.
- Facilitate and encourage active parent participation in parent workshops,
literacy activities, group socializations and other events or trainings.
- Collaborate with parents to develop home visit and activity plans based on each child’s assessment and identified family needs. Plan and implement home based activities focused on development 2x per month to assigned case load.
- Complete developmental assessments and family needs assessment with
families as needed.
- Develop, with parent input, an individualized family support plan. Make sure all information are kept confidential.
- If children with special needs are identified, make necessary referrals.
- Refer and link children and parents to needed services
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Parent Educator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.