Are you experienced in processing and managing payroll? Are you passionate about the environmental needs?
We are currently in search of a Payroll Specialist for an Environmental Organization. The position is based in Oakland, CA. This is a Temp-to-Perm assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Environmental Organization
LOCATION: Oakland, CA
POSITION TITLE: Payroll Specialist
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Payroll Specialist, you will be the one to calculate wages based on hours worked and administer payments. You are able to use payroll software with accuracy and efficiency. You will ensure accurate processing and recording of the organization’s payroll, provide timely and accurate financial information, and participate in daily data entry payroll processing.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of payroll experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experiences desirable
- Database maintenance experience preferred
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- Great verbal and writing communication skills
- Organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Calculate the correct amount incorporating overtime, deductions, bonuses, etc.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Address, detect, and process issues regarding payroll from employees
- Keep track of hour rates, wages, compensation benefit rates, new hire information, etc.
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary
- Familiarize yourself and keep current with the taxation of salaries, benefits and other factors
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Payroll Specialist” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at https://careersinnonprofits.com/.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us regarding your application in response to this ad.