Do you have at least 2+ years of Public Relations & Communications experience?
We are currently in search of a PR & Communications Manager for a Real Estate Organization.
ORGANIZATION: Real Estate Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL (The Loop)
POSITION TITLE: PR & Communications Manager
DURATION: Temporary (4 months)
HOURLY PAY: $26.00 – $32.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? We are looking for a PR & Communications Manager to assist the Marketing Manager and Marketing Specialist. This position will assist in projects, as well as develop, implement, track, analyze and communicate organization’s public relations strategies.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Marketing and Communications Degree, preferred
- 2+ years’ of experience writing press release, required
- 2+ years’ of content writing and editing experience, required
- 2+ years’ of working with different platforms of media, required
- 2+ years of project experience, required
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines while pro-actively managing multiple tasks and changing priorities
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Identifies, pitches and secures stories with trade, business and lay media
- Creates press releases and manages media contacts
- Manages strategy development and negotiation of sponsored content through trade media publications
- Curates content and identifies trends, contributing industry knowledge to content pipeline, social media, marketing campaigns and digital platforms as appropriate.
- Manages industry awards program, including committee coordination, finalist and winner selection, promotion, and publicity
- Manages and creates executive leadership scripts, presentations and media/communication training
- Works with a cross-departmental team to manage and coordinate participation at industry events, including but not limited to annual schedule, contracts, hotel and event registrations, material ordering, on-site participation, and post-event follow up
- Secures speaking engagements for volunteer leadership at industry events, and manages promotional presence at organization hosted national events
- Collaborate with Integrated Marketing Manager to manage the promotion of the organizations Awards Program to generate the maximum amount of submissions
- Write and distribute press releases as needed, as well as monitor media
- Prepare talking points and presentations for leadership as requested. Also update leadership bios/photos as necessary
- Assist in setting up/preparing the communications trainings
- Help Marketing Specialist with social media posts as necessary.
- Facilitate Chapter and Staff communications regarding adherence to brand guidelines.
- Finalize and execute on 2019 media plan; including creating content/writing articles for thought leadership sponsorships
- Manage registrations and exhibitor information for collaborative organizations, including registrations, presence and potential speakers
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to Ashley Viscardi at firstname.lastname@example.org with “PR & Communications Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.