Do you experience with public relations for nonprofits?
Are you interested in working with a dynamic, mission-driven team?
We are currently in search of a Press Coordinator for an Animal Rights Organization. The position is based in Washington DC. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Animal Rights Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC (Dupont Circle)
POSITION TITLE: Press Coordinator
DURATION: Temporary, Ongoing
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $15.00 – 17.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Press Coordinator will work with a larger media relations team to prepare news press releases, pitch campaigns to media and develop target lists for campaign coverage. This could be a temporary to permanent opportunity for the right candidate.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- At least 1 year of experience in press/media relations
- Team-oriented and able to juggle multiple priorities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines a plus
- Degree in relevant industry a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Prepare and service press releases
- Pitch campaigns and events to the media
- Prepare and send mailings to the media on specific issues and campaigns
- Develop target lists for campaign coverage
- Brainstorm with team about new pitch ideas and ways to revamp press releases
- Stay informed of local and national news stories that are relevant to the organization
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Press Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.