We are currently in search of a Principal Gift Officer for an Environmental Nonprofit Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a permanent, full-time opportunity.
ORGANIZATION: Environmental Nonprofit
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Principal Gift Officer
Position Overview: The Principal Gifts Officer will build and manage high net worth individual donor strategy, cultivation, and relationships. Reporting directly to the Chief Philanthropy Officer and partnering with the CEO and other key leaders, the Principal Gifts Officer will be responsible for securing gifts in the seven- to eight-figure range in support of the organization’s highest priorities and mission. In pursuit of growing this portfolio, you will identify and engage new, highly philanthropic donors. This is a key role in the organization’s Philanthropy Department and instrumental to the organization’s growth.
- Develops and manages cultivation and solicitation strategies for a portfolio of prospective and current donors.
- In partnership with organization leaders, builds and manages relationships with prospective donors. Facilitates and coordinates all communication with these prospects.
- Evaluates various gift opportunities and giving vehicles, advising donors on the most suitable option based on their desired way to give.
- Meets and collaborates with internal contacts such as executive team members, program directors, and other fundraising staff to determine organizational priorities and needs to formulate strategies to promote donor engagement and to identify potential donors.
- Partner with Communications and Program staff to create written communications to match donor’s interests.
- Participates and/or directs gift solicitations to fund national or regional programs and to enhance the fundraising efforts of programs.
- Implement tailored donor cultivation and stewardship events when appropriate.
- Maintain awareness of any changes in federal and state tax laws that may be relevant to major gifts prospects.
- Travel (30-40%) for donor meetings, events, and other fundraising activities.
- Meet with representatives and leaders to strengthen and expand the fundraising program.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 5-7 years of professional fundraising experience
- Commitment to goal attainment and ability to engage with high-level volunteers and donors
- Demonstrated ability to establish, build relationships, and secure seven- to eight-figure gits
- Strong written, presentation and oral communication skills are required
- Positive, collaborative, and hardworking individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume and cover letter, outlining your interest in nonprofit recruiting to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Principal Gift Officer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not the best fit for you?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this fad.