Do you have 5 years of Professional Development/Education Project Management experience with an Association?
Do you have experience with content management, abstract and evaluation systems?
We are currently in search of a Professional Development Project Manager for a Healthcare Association. The position is based in Schaumburg, IL. This is a permanent, full-time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Healthcare Association
LOCATION: Schaumburg, IL
POSITION TITLE: Professional Development Project Manager
SALARY: $73,000 – $91,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Professional Development Project Manager oversees the educational components and faculty coordination for all national and regional conferences and all associated products as part of a collaborative cross-functional team. This role will also oversee the abstract submission and related processes for poster sessions and will provide project management oversight for selected educational projects as directed.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Vacation, PTO and Sick time
- Several other additional benefits included
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Possess a minimum of 5 years of experience in Project Management, required
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in planning and implementing continuing education programs and professional development activities, required
- Experience with content management, abstract and evaluation systems
- Association experience, required
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills; ability to work under pressure with short deadlines
- Excellent collaborative communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Detail oriented; ability to follow instructions and to ask questions for clarification
- Ability to prioritize multiple and varied tasks within established deadlines, with minimal supervision
- Computer proficiency in Word; data base systems including Access and Excel; Power Point
- Ability to interface with staff and external relationships in a professional manner
- Occasional travel is required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Provides project management for educational components of selected educational initiatives, such as annual conference, conference on demand and regional conferences, including development of project and communication plans and timelines for deliverables
- Manages the process the association employs in obtaining and delivering content including calls for proposals, the development of the educational blueprint for traditional and innovative conference sessions, including exhibit hall education, in collaboration with the Education Planning Committee, Meeting Services, and other stakeholders
- Manages all conference educational session information including course content, the course evaluation process
- Partners with Meeting Services to ensure course content is fully integrated in all conference resources, including all digital deliverables
- Manages all conference faculty relationships and communications, including faculty expectations, paperwork compliance, and management of the faculty database
- Serves as the primary staff liaison to the Education Planning committee, ensuring that all educational conference elements are on-time, within scope and consistent with budgeted resources
- Participates on the Conference Planning Core Team, serving as a key partner and contributor as it pertains to the educational content for programs and events
- Facilitates the dissemination of conference content through collaboration with internal and external stakeholders in the development of innovative conference-related products
- Collaborates with HR for the recruiting, onboarding, retention, professional development and performance management of staff
- Displays a high level of accountability, taking responsibility for individual actions and the impact on the organization
- Performs additional related duties as required or assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Professional Development Project Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.