Are you passionate about helping children from low-income environments? Would you like to work with an organization that wants to break the cycle of poverty? Do you have experience working with children? Do you enjoy relationship building?
We are currently in search of a Professional Mentor for a Child Development Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a Full- Time, Permanent role.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Child Development Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Professional Mentor
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent role
SCHEDULE: 10a – 6p Tuesday – Saturday
SALARY: $50K- $52K
Is This Your Dream Job? Each of our Professional Mentors develops intensive, long-term, trusting relationships with eight children utilizing a trauma-informed lens in a classroom setting. Each professional mentor will spend approximately four hours per week with each child (in the classroom and in the community) and will report directly to a Program Manager. You’ll be part of a dynamic and supportive national network, with a proven, evidence-based mentoring model. Benefits include: 15 Vacation days, 10 sick days, and 11 Paid Holidays annually, 100% of Medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement plan with 3% match, tuition assistance, mentors also receive a bonus after 3 and 5 years of employment, and more.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2 years of experience working with youth, ideally in a school-based setting and providing enrichment
- AA degree required; BA preferred
- Familiarity working with under-resourced communities of color
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365, Outlook, Teams, Excel, Word & Calendar required
- Must have your own vehicle, safe driving record and valid driver’s license Required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Nurture and promote the child’s individual strengths, talents, and abilities
- Support youth and their families, and connect them to other services and resources
- Help assure physical and emotional well-being
- Contribute to children acquiring behavioral management skills, tolerance, respect for others, courtesies, and compassion
- Develop a talent/skill/area of interest with each child to help develop positive self-esteem and experience growing confidence
- Participate in the programming and resources available through the organization, effectively utilizing program resources to meet the needs of each child;
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Professional Mentor” in the subject line.