Do you have experience processing applications and coordinating meetings?
Are you interested in working with a dynamic, mission-driven team?
We are currently in search of a Program Assistant for a Scientific Association. The position is based in Washington DC. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Scientific Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC (McPherson Square)
POSITION TITLE: Program Assistant
DURATION: Temporary (~3 months)
SCHEDULE: 37.5 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $15.00 – $16.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? This position will assist in processing nominations and coordinating meeting logistics to select finalists for an honors program.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2+ years of work experience, with a proven ability to manage a large volume of applications
- Prior experience with meeting coordination including creating materials, taking minutes and arranging travel
- Excellent written communication skills
- Able to manage competing deadlines successfully
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Assist with technical set up of virtual meetings with program committee
- Screen nominations for eligibility and quality
- Reach out to nominators as necessary for revisions/corrections
- Help with meeting logistics for in-person deliberations
- Make travel arrangements as needed
- Prepare and coordinate successful and unsuccessful candidates’ nominations and reports through online screening system
- Draft communication to candidates once selections have been made including congratulatory letters and marketing announcements
- Provide additional administrative support as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Program Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.