Do you have 3-5 years’ experience in Nonprofit Programming?
Are you looking to make a difference on a local and regional scale?
We are currently in search of a Program Associate for an Environmental Foundation. The position is remote and will require future relocation. This is a full-time, permanent position.
POSITION TITLE: Program Associate
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Environmental Foundation
LOCATION: Remote, transitioning to future on-site office in Madison, Wisconsin (with relocation expenses assistance)
DURATION: Full Time, Permanent
SALARY: $65,000-$70,000/year (benefits available)
Is This Your Dream Job? The Program Associate will report to the Executive Vice President and support multiple external programs, groups, and grant initiatives, by organizing logistics for complex meetings, trainings, and events, and setting up and managing program competitions. This individual will maintain program records and calendars and support program directors with special projects and administrative help as requested.
How You Will Spend Your Day
- Create and execute project plans for meetings, events, and trainings ranging from 10-100 attendees within agreed-upon scope and budget.
- Assist program directors with establishing and monitoring annual budgets for their programs and submitting invoices for payment.
- Establish solid relationships with existing or new vendors (hotels, caterers, equipment providers, AV, tour operators, transportation, college campuses, etc.).
- Create forms and collect, process, and store program information (registrations, rsvps, payment requests, schedules, bios etc.).
- Coordinate faculty and speaker schedules and contracts.
- Provide on-site coordination during meetings and events, troubleshooting any issues that arise.
- Prepare status reports on a regular basis.
- Set up and manage online competition processes, including communicating with applicants and review panels, updating applications, reports, training briefs and other material annually, and troubleshooting technical problems.
- Screen applicants for basic eligibility and assist with setting up review panel assignments.
- Track usage data as required.
- Track numbers of applicant registrations and submissions.
General Program Support
- Ensure that accurate records for all program activities are maintained within electronic filing system.
- Coordinate production of informational packets, forms, calendars, reports, and other material for programs.
- Proactively inform program directors of upcoming commitments and responsibilities.
- Provide administrative support to program directors as requested.
- Assist the program directors with other projects as assigned.
- Contribute to a connected and inclusive staff culture.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 3-5 years’ experience in nonprofit program support/project management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Strong problem solver who aligns decisions with programmatic and organizational goals
- Possess sound judgment, flexibility, and a high degree of personal accountability including setting high standards of excellence and accuracy
- Able to collaborate with leadership and work independently
- Ability to prioritize assignments and multi-task on pro
- Strong writing, organizational, and critical thinking skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to travel overnight as needed and have a valid driver’s license
- Spanish language skills a plus
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Associate” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.