Are you an experienced Program Director? Are you passionate about child development and education?
We are currently in search of a Program Director for an Youth Services Organization. The position is based in San Jose, CA. This is a Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Youth Services Organization
LOCATION: San Jose, CA
POSITION TITLE: Program Director
SALARY: $100,000-$105,000 Annually
HOURS: 9:00 AM-6:00 PM
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Program Director, you will lead a team of dedicated childcare professionals in the success of their early education programs. You will visit sites within your organization to ensure state and federal standards are being met. You will meet with the Board of Directors and manage state, as well as federal, relations. Your ability to connect with the community of Santa Clara is at the core of your success in outreach and fundraising. You handle challenges with tact, a sense of humor and your passion for education.
- 403B Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Vacation and Paid Time off
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 7-10+ years working in an educationally focused nonprofit
- BA required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience in developing curriculum for early childhood education
- 12 ECE Units preferred
- Familiarity with Title 5 and Title 22 regulations
- Experience with Headstart programs a plus
- Possesses a friendly and approachable demeaner, positive attitude and genuine enjoyment for interacting with families, staff and Board
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Overseeing the success of program operations, management, curriculum curation, staff and volunteers
- Traveling throughout the San Jose area inspecting childcare sites to ensure federal and state regulatory compliance
- Developing long-term plans to expand programs goals and budgets
- Managing, training and motivating a team of educators
- Overseeing data analysis and evaluation, and creating tools to measure programs
- Managing budgets within the program
- Holding staff accountable in accomplishing goals and monitoring them quarterly, and planning for the year ahead
- Representing the organization at events; comfortable in activity leading, public speaking and training staff
- Attending meetings with partners to connect with stakeholders
- Supporting the development of alumni related events
- Managing board relations on behalf of the organization
- Ensuring the right personnel is in place by hiring and retaining appropriate staff
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Operations Director” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.