Do you have at least 3 years’ experience with Continuing Medical Education programs?
Are you passionate about improving the quality of patient care?
Have you had success managing projects in an association or educational institution?
We are currently in search of a Continuing Medical Education (CME) Program Manager for a National Medical Association. The position is based in Arlington Heights, IL. This is a full time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: American Medical Association
LOCATION: Arlington Heights, IL
POSITION TITLE: CME Program Manager
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
SALARY: $76,000 – $80,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The CME Program Manager will report to the Senior Director of Education Solutions and work with a National Medical Association to improve the quality of patient care. This role will support two committees and relish in the ability to see the big picture and interpret criteria to healthcare professionals. The Association seeks a candidate with strong project management experience, technical skills, and strong analytical skills. This role has the opportunity to grow with an organization that has 30 years’ experience offering integrity, honesty, professionalism and hard work to organizations.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of CME practical and administrative experience, preferably in a medical association or academic CME program.
- Bachelor’s degree, related Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong knowledge of ACCME Guidelines, PhRMA Code and related industry requirements required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong focus on flexibility, ability to multi-task, attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, good follow-up and judgment.
- Has excellent communication and writing skills, patience, professionalism
- Able to effectively interact with staff, management and volunteers.
- A self-starter who can work both independently and as a part of team.
- Able to analyze information and solve problems.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Maintain compliance with the ACCME Criteria and Standards for Commercial Support, and the AMA credit system for all CME activities – this includes maintaining the documentation to support compliance for all CME activities.
- Manage accreditation and certification processes and serve as the primary contact for those bodies.
- Conduct needs assessment, gap analyses, evaluation and outcomes measurement at both activity and program levels.
- Prepare reports and analysis at both activity and program levels – including verifying the accuracy of the data entered for the annual ACCME PARS report.
- Provide updates and training for volunteers and staff as needed to maintain knowledge on CME and MOC, and highlight “best practices”.
- Serve as the staff liaison to the Accreditation and Certification Committee to support the Committee’s objectives for CME and MOC.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Clinical Programs, Patient Safety and Quality Committee to support the Committee’s objectives for CME content development in the areas of patient safety and quality.
- Ensure compliance of educational, marketing and promotional materials.
- Ensure the Director of Development has thorough information on gaps, needs, desired outcomes, learning objectives, barriers, etc., to effectively request grant funding.
- Evaluate CME conferences, seminars and programs for physicians and allied health professionals to ensure compliance with ACCME standards.
- Provides support as needed to team members, Senior Director, volunteers, and other staff members.
- Collaborates with others to assist with problem identification and resolution.
- Light travel required.
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CME Program Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers in Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.