Are you an adaptable thought leader that excels at project management?
Are you experienced in managing the full lifecycle of grants and grantmaking?
We are currently in search of a Grants Officer for a Legal-Services Foundation. The position is based in Washington, D.C. This is a Permanent, Full-Time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Legal-Services Foundation
LOCATION: Washington, DC (remote to start)
POSITION TITLE: Grants Officer
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $75,000 – $85,000 annually
Is This Your Dream Job? Overview: Reporting to the Director of Programs, this role is responsible for managing a given portion of the organization’s grants and assistance programs, and the logistics of grantmaking. This candidate will manage the full lifecycle of grants in their assigned portfolio, with a focus on building relationships with, and understandings of the grantees. They will work as a unit alongside their team members and assist on other projects as needed. This role is for a candidate with strong project management experience that can manage multiple timelines and someone that is tech savvy. The candidate will be eager to take ownership over their own role, add value, be involved in the community, and grow with a passionate and driven team.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of related work experience, with 2+ years of grantmaking experience (maintaining records and managing grants in databases)
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Background in overseeing a full lifecycle of grants and general project management
- Community involvement is a huge plus
- Self-motivated, highly organized, adaptable, a critical thinker, and detail-oriented
- Excels in a fast-paced environment with a very driven team
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manage every aspect of assigned portfolios, including logistics of grantmaking
- Manage a full lifecycle of grants (applications, reviews, present recommendations, communicate awards, site visits) and build relationships with grantees (this is an outward-facing role)
- Collaborate with the team, participating on committees and assisting with other assignments as needed
- Maintain a working knowledge of all programs
- Actively support the Foundation’s strategic plan and show up with ambition
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Grants Officer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.