Do you have at least 5 years of experience in a fast-paced, team-oriented, deadline-driven professional environment?
Do you have 5 years of related programming and meeting experience?
Do you possess the proven ability to simultaneously manage several complex projects at one time?
We are currently in search of a Program Planner for an Association. The position is based in Northern Chicagoland. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association
LOCATION: Northern Chicagoland
POSITION TITLE: Program Planner
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
SALARY: $65,000 – $75,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Program Planner coordinates all aspects of the programming for assigned global meetings and serves as a liaison between internal committees and staff departments. The Program Planner must have strong project management, planning skills and attention to detail. We seek individuals with outstanding communication skills, a focus on providing exceptional customer service and a collaborative, positive attitude.
Our client is a member-driven, international association of business professionals.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Vacation, PTO and Sick time
- Several other additional benefits included
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of experience in a fast-paced, team-oriented, deadline-driven professional environment, required
- 5+ years of related programming and meeting experience required
- Must be highly organized, pays attention to details, and provides good follow-up
- Must demonstrated project management and oversight abilities
- Must possess the proven ability to simultaneously manage several complex projects
- Ability to respond positively and creatively to new challenges and responsibilities as they arise
- Is computer savvy and/or is willing to embrace, learn and use technology
- Must be proficient with basic computer programming, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must have the ability to travel internationally up to 30% required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Provide management of committees, speakers and subject matter experts (including international)
- Working with Speakers Bureaus to source, negotiate and contract speakers
- Managing budgets and tracking expenses
- Writing session specs and scripts
- Lead Program Development Committees with the identification, selection and contracting of speakers for all assigned meetings
- Management of materials for Conference calls and on-site meetings
- Submit speaker lists for ethics review and Executive Committee approval
- All programming to achieve results aligned with the association’s’ business and content strategy
- Provide speaker information for all assigned meetings’ collateral: Registration Book, Program Book, Promotional material, website and App
- Coordination of the compilation of speaker review results for all assigned meetings and manage the speaker tracking system
- Preparation and management of speaker honorarium and expense budget in relation to all assigned meetings
- Work with Program Production Coordinator on preparation of AV and support materials including compliance review, editing, and revisions for all assigned meetings
- Curates speakers to present to the committee for review
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Planner” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.