Are you a nonprofit professional with 2+ years of supervisory experience?
Do you have experience working with in prevention services?
We are currently in search of a Program Supervisor for a Behavioral Health Services Organization
ORGANIZATION: Behavioral Health Services
LOCATION: Waukegan, IL
POSITION TITLE: Program Supervisor
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
HOURLY PAY: $15.00-$18.00/hr
Is This Your Dream Job? We are looking for a Program Supervisor to support the Project Director, administering implementation and on-going program services. This position will collaborate with referral sources, partnering agencies, and other community stakeholders to facilitate ongoing responsiveness to community needs and program quality improvement.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of supervisory experience, required
- 3+ year experience in behavioral health, substance abuse, mental health or related
- Master’s Degree, or equivalent experience in human services, required
- LCSW/LCPC license, required
- Knowledge of the homeless population, and addiction treatment programs
- Open to working at least one evening during the week, and possibly one day on the weekend
- Must have valid driver’s license and insurance
- Bilingual in Spanish, preferred
- Must have strong communication skills, and ability to work in a team environment
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Administer implementation and on-going program services
- Coordinate program services and program evaluation
- Arrange and provide as necessary coverage to ensure all scheduled and unscheduled services are provided.
- De-escalate situations where clients, staff, or guests are in distress, maintaining a respectful and helpful attitude at all times.
- Conduct regular staff meetings, assigning agenda to other staff as needed to ensure meetings occur even in the event of an absence.
- Document staff meetings for periodic review and ensure absent staff are informed of important items missed.
- Provide supervision for program staff, documenting all formal supervision sessions, as well as informal sessions with important content.
- Engage in staff development, helping to identify areas of need for ongoing supervision, further training, and/or corrective action.
- Conduct periodic performance appraisals with program staff, documenting progress, areas for improvement, and plans for corrective action.
- Collaborate with referral sources, partnering agencies, and other community stakeholders to facilitate ongoing responsiveness to community needs and program quality improvement.
- Respond to staff, client, referral source, or other stakeholder feedback, consulting with supervisor as needed, and communicating to supervisor regarding feedback and response.
- At all times, assist staff in adjusting and adapting to new policies or procedures, and seek to diffuse any malcontent amongst staff. Demonstrating a positive and cooperative attitude is imperative in assisting staff to adapt to the evolving needs of the clients, agency, and field.
- Conduct case-reviews at request of clients or client attorney of record, reporting findings to supervisor.
- Assist in Emergency Preparedness activities, incident report writing, and other reports related to significant incidents.
- Monitor staff productivity and engage in problem-solving, corrective action, when staff are under-performing.
- Engage in periodic file reviews, documenting findings, providing feedback to relevant staff and supervisors, and engaging in corrective action planning as needed to address chronic areas of deficiency.
- Ensure program staff adheres to policies and procedures, working with supervisors to determine if additional training or other actions are required to address deviation from these.
- Follow all policies and procedures outlined in the Clinical Manual, Personnel Manual, and Emergency Preparedness binder, as well as all agency procedures applicable to job function not contained in manuals.
- Other duties as assigned.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Program Supervisor” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.