Do you have 2 years of work experience with at risk youth?
We are currently in search of a Programs Assistant for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a part-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Programs Assistant
DURATION: 3 months
SCHEDULE: Part-time (20 hours/week)
HOURLY PAY: $14.00 – $16.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The desired candidate will have a passion and dedication to at risk youth. The candidate will be a self-starter who is creative and hard working. The candidate will have the ability to create and lead workshops for students. The candidate will lead outreach programs and coordinate with other organizations. The candidate will report to the Executive Director.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2 years of work and college experience
- BA/BS in psychology, social work, counseling, or related fields
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, recordkeeping, and documentation
- Strong proofreading and editing skills
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Works well in team environment, high level of emotional intelligence
- Able to handle sensitive information
- Must have a passion to work with at risk youth.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Conducting candidate intakes, building relationships, provide mentoring and life skills to youth
- Develop and lead workshops for group classes, identify and schedule guest speakers for workshops.
- Writing reports on students’ progress in program.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Programs Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.