Do you have 2+ years of business development experience?
Do you have superb writing skills with a keen attention to detail?
Do you have experience creating and editing sales proposals?
We are currently in search of a Proposal Writer for an International Consulting Organization. The position is based in Downtown Chicago. This is a Full-time, Permanent position
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Consulting Organization
LOCATION: Downtown Chicago
POSITION TITLE: Proposal Writer
SALARY: $50,000 – $55,000 + bonus
Is This Your Dream Job? The Proposal Writer will create and edit sales proposals, in addition to collateral content for new business development projects. The Proposal Writer is viewed as a collaborative partner and must be able to understand client needs, work with staff to develop creative solutions, and translate those solutions into informed, tailored proposals. The Proposal Writer will report to the Manager of Business Development.
Our client embodies a high-performance culture. They are client-centric and committed to responding swiftly to client needs. It is a challenging environment and they seek intelligent, self-motivated individuals who are achievement-oriented. Our client serves clients in numerous sectors including Higher Education, Academic Healthcare, Independent Schools, Arts and Culture, and selected institutions in human services and national and global charities.
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Transportation and Parking Benefits
- Gym Discount
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of experience in a business development or writing/editorial capacity required
- Experience in a professional services firm preferred
- Experience within or as a provider to non-profit organizations preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- o Degree in marketing, journalism, communications, or similar field preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics or similar CRM is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated proposal development and/or business writing experience and proficiency in editing and proofreading
- Demonstrated project management abilities and strong organizational skills
- Superb attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment including prioritization of workload with shifting demands
- Client service orientation and a commitment to meet high expectations for quality and accuracy under aggressive deadlines
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Generate high quality, persuasive proposals, sales presentation, and business development materials
- Identify improvements to templates, systems, and process to ensure quality and consistency
- Review and proofread proposals
- Perform edits and coordinate activities to ensure timely delivery of error-free, client-focused proposals with aggressive deadlines
- Collaborate with staff to ensure the effective integration of firm research and case studies into proposals
- Document and update CRM
- Additional duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Proposal Writer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.