Are you passionate about ending world hunger?
Do you have a background in grassroots organizing?
We are currently in search of a Regional Organizer for an Advocacy Organization. The position is based in DE, NY, NJ, PA or ME. This is a Permanent, Full-Time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Faith-Based, Hunger-Ending Advocacy Organization
LOCATION: Based in DE, NY, NJ, PA or ME but a 100% remote role
POSITION TITLE: Regional Organizer
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $55,000 – $75,000+ annually based on experience
Is This Your Dream Job? Overview: Reporting to the Deputy Director, this role is responsible for grassroots organizing in the assigned states. This candidate will build relationships with and be a thought partner to advocates. The role will also engage local leaders on how Federal policy on hunger/poverty impacts local issues. This candidate will work with diverse groups and communicate regularly with activists. The candidate will be able to travel, work independently, and eager to bring their passion to an impactful team.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of organizing and mobilizing experience, preferably in politics, field work, campaigns or coalitions (faith-based experience is a big plus), 7+ years qualifies as a Senior Organizer
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Understanding of public policy advocacy and legislative process
- Innovative, a problem solver, and thrives at working independently
- Savvy with social media
- Able to engage with and work across different groups
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Build relationships and create new networks with advocates in the assigned states, partnering with diverse groups and traveling about 20% of the time
- Train leaders in basic organizing and engage in research for federal policy
- Organize actions and mobilize around the organization’s federal legislative platform
- Work with the Deputy Director in setting grassroots strategies and collaborate across departments, actively taking part in activist recruitment
- Stay abreast of legislative and organizational developments
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Regional Organizer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.