Do you have experience engaging with federal agencies?
Are you interested in being an integral part of a nonprofit doing important medical advocacy work?
We are currently in search of a Regulatory Policy Specialist for a Medical Association. The position is based in Alexandria, VA. This is a Full Time, Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Medical Association
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
POSITION TITLE: Regulatory Policy Specialist
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $75,000 – 85,000/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Director, this role is responsible for providing support to the advocacy committees and implementing a provided strategy for the programs and activities of the organization. The candidate will work with the Coding and Regulatory Policy team to expand patient access to care. They will write comment letters and ensure strong engagement between federal agencies and the organization. The candidate will be an excellent writer and a perceptive and independent individual that is eager to join a passionate team of professionals.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years pf experience working in a professional association
- Experience working on capitol hill and engaging with federal agencies
- Proficiency in writing and analysis, excellent communication skills
- Health care policy experience preferred
- Knowledge of health policy issues and regulatory policy issues
- Background in advocacy work
- Bachelor’s Degree required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Develop and write comment letters and materials
- Engage with federal agencies
- Monitor and analyze regulatory issues by reviewing Federal Register announcements, federal proposed and final rules, etc.
- Create materials to expand the knowledge base of the members of the association
- Work with other NGOs and health care organizations to achieve common goals
- Support the advocacy committees through performing administrative work
- Set agendas for meetings and take minutes
- Travel up to 10%
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Regulatory Policy Specialist” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.