Are you passionate about community and social justice missions?
Do you have at least 3 years of experience managing the fundraising efforts for an organization?
Do you work well on a passionate team that is dedicated to their mission?
We are currently in search of a Resource Development Manager for a Community-Based Organization. The position is based in Chicago. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Community-Based Organization
POSITION TITLE: Resource Development Manager
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Resource Development Manager plans, directs and carries-out the overall fundraising efforts for the organization, including foundation and corporation giving and individual donor program efforts, as well as assists in program planning and communication strategies of the organization, working closely with the General Counsel and Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The Organization is seeking a hardworking team player, who takes initiative, has strong integrity, and is passionate about their mission.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with donor data management software preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Must possess excellent communication, writing, organizational, and computer skills.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Willing to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Perform all aspects of resource development including: writing and submitting proposals and reports to existing and new funders, following-up on pending proposals, coordinating funder site visits, actively implementing individual donor and small and local business giving programs, and managing relationships.
- Coordinate and carry out foundation and corporation giving program, including grant writing, report preparation, funder site visits, donation acknowledgement and funder relations.
- Prepare, coordinate and oversee all internal and external grant-related reports and compliance materials, as well as fundraising reporting to the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Coordinate and carry out individual donor giving program, including donor solicitation, acknowledgement, recognition, and donor stewardship.
- Implement new and creative strategies for solicitation and cultivation of individual donors, major gifts, planned giving, and bequests.
- Coordinate, oversee and carry out small and local business donor program, including identifying potential prospects, appeal letter preparation, tracking, acknowledgement and donor recognition, such as in conjunction with the Annual Membership Meeting.
- Act as a resource, support, and manage fundraising related efforts by other departments in the organization.
- Manage and oversee fundraising special events, such as a Gala or other organizational fundraising events.
- Maintain a comprehensive annual resource development plan and ensure targets are met in accordance with the organization’s fundraising budge goals as set in conjunction with the CEO and Accounting Director.
- Monitor work in all areas of the organization for inclusion in solicitations, reports, prospective funding opportunities, and communications materials.
- Engage in program development as necessary.
- Engage in research for new donor prospects, grant and award opportunities, review with applicable staff, and pursue as appropriate.
- Actively support communications efforts including writing and developing the organizational newsletter, the annual report, public relations efforts and social media outreach in coordination with the Communications Manager and the CEO.
- Staff and provide support the Stewardship committee of the Boards of Directors, including materials preparation, food and logistics, minute taking, and meeting follow up, as necessary.
- Oversee, maintain, and ensure paper and electronic record keeping and document archive systems related to resource development and stewardship efforts, including maintaining an electronic donor management system.
- Keep abreast of current and cutting-edge resource development information and approaches and the philanthropic community.
- Maintain membership and engagement with appropriate philanthropic networking organizations and publications, such as Forefront and the Chronical of Philanthropy.
- Act as a member of the general administrative team to ensure the overall effective operation of general administration and plan, coordinate, and carry out the Annual Staff, Board and Leader Retreat, as well as the Annual Membership Meeting along with the CEO, General Counsel, Human Resource Manager, Technology Manager, Communications Manager and the Executive Assistant.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Resource Development Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.