|Do you have experience with advocacy and international development?
Are you a natural leader and excellent communicator?
Have you worked in global health?
We are currently in search of a Secretariat Director for an International Social Service Organization. The position is based in Washington, D.C. This is a Permanent, full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: International Social Service Organization
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
POSITION TITLE: Secretariat Director
Is This Your Dream Job? The Secretariat Director will facilitate the success of a unique and dynamic global health advocacy partnership, and manage a skilled secretariat team. This role reports directly to the Executive Director and has 5 direct reports.
· Employer pays 100% of monthly health coverage
· Flexible spending accounts for transportation costs
· Generous vacation time
Our Ideal Candidate:
Minimum of 7-10 years of professional experience specifically relating to:
- Experience in international development and advocacy (ideally in the global health arena)
- Facilitating international partnerships and coalitions with a commitment to multi-partner networked advocacy
- Project and team management skills along with, planning and communications, an ability to think and operate strategically in a fast-changing campaigning environment, and a commitment to supporting partners’ advocacy efforts
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manage a fast-paced and diverse portfolio of work handled by the Secretariat team, focused on partner support and coordination, policy and campaigns
- Communicate the progress and impact of 13 core international partner organizations, and a larger network of individual and organizational contributors, to achieve global health advocacy goals
- Facilitate shared influencing strategies, key areas of policy analysis, support the leadership group in managing the overall partnership, support donor engagement, and carry out Secretariat team management
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Secretariat Director” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.