Are you an experienced, nonprofit administrative profession, who is bilingual in English/ Spanish?
We are currently in search of a Secretary II for a Medium-Sized Social Services Organization. The position is based in West Chicagoland. This is a (temp-to-perm, full-time) assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Medium-Sized Social Services Organization
LOCATION: West Chicagoland
POSITION TITLE: Secretary II
SALARY: $15.00/hour – $17.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? Why/how is this position important to the organization fulfilling their mission? What type of person are they looking for? Reporting Structure. Highlights of the client including but not limited to awards, benefits, culture, cover stories, etc. Office and office culture highlights.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of 3-5 years related work experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Excellent typing, verbal and written communications skills necessary, as well as interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must have computer knowledge, with experience working in MS Office.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and have impeccable attendance.
- Must have access to a car, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance for field work.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- West Town, Humboldt Park or Logan Square residents preferred.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Receive and direct visitors to appropriate staff in a professional and courteous manner relaying appropriate information.
- Receive and direct telephone calls to appropriate staff in a professional and courteous manner relaying appropriate information.
- Coordinate, carryout and assure that all typing, mailing, messengered correspondence and all assigned work is completed on a timely basis.
- Coordinate and maintain meeting room calendar and coordinate with Janitor for meeting room preparation.
- Coordinate and organize logistical and other preparations related to monthly Board, committee, staff and other meetings, including the monthly report, Board mailings, Board Actions, attendance confirmations, food ordering and any other related tasks.
- Account for reconciliation of all applicable petty cash and checks requested.
- Coordinate and carryout annual data collection for United Way Allocations Submission.
- Coordinate and ensure data management, entry and collection, always maintaining membership and other data bases current and up to date.
- Coordinate with Executive Director and appropriate Property Management staff regarding information and requests relevant to Tenant Appeals and Rejections including, but not limited to communications with appropriate staff, following through on necessary mailings, and maintaining the Appeals Requests files.
- Coordinate and carryout the ordering and inventory maintenance of office supplies in accordance with established budget, and maintain accurate records.
- Assist in matters related to facilities and equipment as appropriate.
- Assure the maintenance and operation of all office machines such as copier, fax, typewriter and postage machine.
- Maintain subscriptions, memberships and maintenance agreements renewed and updated.
- Coordinate and carry-out organizational special events including staff/board holiday party, and others are required. In addition, assist in the preparation of Annual Retreat and Annual Membership Meeting.
- Perform other relevant tasks as assigned.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Secretary II” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.