Are you excited by the idea of working at a start-up, innovative nonprofit? Are you driven to make a positive global impact?
We are currently in search of a nonprofit Senior Accountant for a Nonprofit Global Policy Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA or Washington, DC. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Nonprofit Global Policy
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA or Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Senior Accountant
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
SALARY: $85,000-$110,000 DOE and Location
Is This Your Dream Job? The Senior Accountant will play an integral role on the global finance team, which together manage the strategic financial issues that support the work of the organization. This includes administering core accounting processes such as financial accounting, billing, collections, and payments. This person will report to the Finance Manager and will collaborate with other members of the finance team to identify accounting and finance priorities for the US organizational entities. The organization is seeking an analytical self-starter with strong financial statement and accounts management experience. The organization has very competitive benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, significant PTO, a generous retirement package, and incentives related to childcare, commuting, and well-being support.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years’ qualified experience with 3+ years in public accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required; CPA required
- Advanced MS Office Suite experience; advanced Excel essential
- Experience with ERP system implementation preferred, Oracle NetSuite a plus
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP and some IFRS
- Ability to drive innovative changes and create efficient operational processes
- Financial statement and accounts management knowledge
- Ability to build sustainable stakeholder relationship
- Strong communication, analytical, and management skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Prepare and review internal and external financial statements under US GAAP and IFRS, group consolidation, and the annual report
- Develop and implement financial function improvements to the organization’s needs in the areas of controls, policies, processes, systems, and reporting
- Operationalize core finance processes such as billing, collection, financial accounting, and supplier payments
- Design and implement strategic initiatives and projects in Finance, collaborating with senior stakeholders across the organization
- Coordinate activities of external auditors
- Support the budget management process
- Evaluate accounting and internal control systems
- Oversee regulatory reporting, including tax compliance
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Accountant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.