Are you a people-person with a finance background?
Are you an adaptable and energetic professional with a passion for supporting a team?
We are currently in search of a Senior Accountant for an Association. The position is based in Arlington, VA. This is a full-time, permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Senior Accountant
DURATION: Direct Hire/ Permanent Position
HOURLY PAY: $70,000-75,000 annual
Is This Your Dream Job? The Senior Accountant will be responsible for full cycle of accounting duties for the 501(c)6 and its 501(c)3 charitable Foundation. Performing general bookkeeping, maintaining financial records, reports and assisting in the preparation and analyzing of budgets and monthly financial metrics.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required, advance degree a plus
- 5+ years of 501(c)6 and 501(c)3 accounting is required
- Knowledge of restricted and unrestricted donations is preferred
- Understanding of GAP and IRS guidelines
- Knowledge of electronic processes and willingness to learn interfacing with membership registration system
- Proficiency of Microsoft QuickBooks and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to adapt and manage change, delays or unexpected events
How you will spend your day:
- AP/AR, month and year-end close out
- Monthly journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations
- Process Payroll, monitor Investment Accounts and 401k and deploy and manage employee benefit program enrollments and renewals
- Prepare monthly and year-end financial statements and dashboards
- Invoicing, refunds, acknowledgements, review AR aging for collection and works with vendors and members to resolve any questions or issues
- Works with management to develop annual budgets
- Prepare county, state and federal tax forms to include 990 and issue vendor 1099s.
- Prepares and assists with annual audits and in-office fieldwork (March/April)
- Analyze relatively difficult audit accounts including compilations and reviews, sales, accounts receivable and contingent liabilities
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Accountant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.