Do you identify as a go-getter with an interest in donor relations?
Do you have 5-6 years donor relations and fundraising experience in a philanthropic environment?
Have you created a donor relations program and established best procedures?
Are you a strategic leader and team player?
We are currently in search of a Senior Associate Director of Donor Relations for a Higher Education Institution. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a permanent, full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Higher Education Institution
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Senior Associate Director of Donor Relations
SALARY: $75,000 – 80,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Senior Associate Director of Donor Relations creates and implements reporting and recognition programs for principal donors. He or She will work with senior level staff members and develop stewardship plans, donor recognition activities and oversee stewardship programs. The Senior Associate Director of Donor Relations will develop marketing materials, website content, reports, etc. and ensure accurate gift reporting. This role is instrumental in developing and leading multiple Donor Relations programs and high-level gift stewardship opportunities. He or She may manage donor relations team members. This role reports to the Associate Vice President of Development and collaborates with the department’s Executive Leadership Team.
Our client is a well–organized, prestigious university in the Chicagoland area. It is heavily metrics driven with a wide range of groundbreaking research and academic programs.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5-6+ years experience in donor relations, experience building a Donor Relations program from scratch strongly desired
- 10+ years experience, preferably in a philanthropic, complex environment
- BA/BS degree
- Go-getter, driven and strategic thinker, collaborator
- Strong leadership skills, ability to manage multiple projects and short deadlines
- Strong ability to learn development databases
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, high degree of initiative
- Strong work ethic and professionalism, ability to work with multiple teams and personalities
- Service-focused mindset, flexibility with changing priorities
- Familiarity working with high-level staff members and donors
- Must be able to travel and attend evening and weekends events as necessary
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Assessing existing procedures and establishing best practices
- Creating donor relations policies and presenting them to executive leadership
- Building and improving donor acknowledgement processes, ensuring a positive and meaningful donor experience
- Creating stewardship program and reporting system
- Donor communications planning with fundraisers, collaborating with team members and vendors to design and write stewardship materials such as newsletters, reports, letters, etc.
- Possibly managing staff members
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Associate Director of Donor Relations” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.