Are you versed in assessing and setting budgets? Do you have experience working with department heads?
Do you enjoy creating and implementing new programs and budget systems? Are you familiar with or have experience managing federal, local or state grants?
We are currently in search of a nonprofit Senior Budget Manager a Human Services Organization. The position is based in the East Bay Area, CA. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Human Services Organization
LOCATION: East Bay Area, San Francisco
POSITION TITLE: Senior Budget Manager
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job? The Senior Budget Manager reports to the Controller and will play an essential role in ensuring the integrity of the budgeting and financial reporting of the organization. They will work closely with key stakeholders in the organization (including Program Operations, Senior Management and Grantors, and other members of the Finance & Accounting team) in managing the budgeting process for the organization. The organization is seeking an organized and solution-oriented individual, who is a quick learner and tech-savvy. The organization has been experiencing tremendous growth in the past few years and offers a strong benefits package which includes 100% paid health benefits for employees, 31 PTO/Holidays per year, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, and professional development opportunities.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years’ experience in budgeting, systems, and
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting/related field required; Master’s degree a plus
- Strong proficiency with Excel applications for budgeting, financial analysis, and reporting
- Experience with Adaptiv, Solverr, Oracle, and/or Sage Intact is a plus
- Experience with budgeting, and financial management
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, with ability to work with internal and external
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Collaborative and organized problem solver
- Strong interest in supporting the nonprofit sector
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Serve as key contributor to budgeting process for the organization
- Provide input for selection and implementation of new budgeting and reporting system
- Enhance and maintain financial reporting and systems
- Implement an automated allocation module for monthly overhead allocation entry
- Maintain financial systems and look for areas to optimize data and reporting
- Analyze and report revenue to board and executives
- Lay groundwork for the interaction of budgeting tool with current accounting system
- Provide financial reports as
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Budget Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.
Home of the #ILoveMyJob🧡 mission