Do you have experience in grants writing and management? Are you interested in helping marginalized communities to live a better life?
We are currently in search of a Senior Development Manager for a Social Service nonprofit organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a permanent, full time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Nonprofit
SALARY: $75K – $90K
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Senior Development Manager
- Medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and their dependents
- 401(k) Plan for employees
- Generous paid time off
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Director of Development, you will lead the charge of researching and identifying new sources of funding, specifically foundational, corporate and government giving, while maintaining relationships with previous institutional funders for a growing nonprofit. As the Senior Development Manager, you will be a seasoned grants writer with experience in managing a high-volume of proposals and managing of donor relations. This is an ideal position for tenured Development professional with experience in the social service sector, seeking to contribute to a collaborative team and give back to marginalized populations.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Researching and composing proposals for grants ranging from 5-to-6 figures; consistently track and report on progress of active grants
- Work with Development Director, as well as Development and Program staff to meet grant deadlines and identify new contracts
- Thoroughly revise existing contracts and meet with potential funding prospects
- Manage a portfolio of grants, contracts, and major gifts donors by building and maintaining positive relationships and evaluating and accurately reporting on the status of the programs and funding to the grantors
- Help the development team in the fundraising strategy and effort; consistently stay-up-to-date with the organization’s social service mission, as well as their new programs, to educate current, previous, and prospective donors
- Meet tight deadlines and be flexible in adjusting proposals or concepts as needed
- Offer insight on smaller sized grants and serve as a right-hand visionary partner to the Development Director
- 3+ years of grant writing experience, specifically with corporation, government, and foundations
- Experience working with community based nonprofits, ideally serving residents of San Francisco
- Bachelor’s degree required in English or related field; familiarity with Salesforce a plus
- Strong familiarity with securing funding from governmental agencies, such as Department of Education and CEDA
- Exceptional writing skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to manage a project from start to finish; availability to work nights, weekends, and events as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Senior Development Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.