We are currently in search of a Senior Director of Development for an Environmental Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a permanent, full-time opportunity.
ORGANIZATION: Environmental Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Senior Director of Development
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Philanthropy, the Senior Director of Development will be responsible for the oversight, planning and implementation of a comprehensive state-wide fundraising program. You will also work closely with the lead Director in managing all major gift functions, manage and establish fundraising goals and projections for yourself and your team. In addition to strategy, you will manage a large portfolio of donors and prospects, as well as oversee supervision of six philanthropy staff members. In addition, you will work closely with programs, philanthropy colleagues nationwide, and administrative staff to ensure the stewardship of the organization’s mission. This is an excellent role for a Development professional who is looking to expand their fundraising capabilities in a growing nonprofit.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Oversee all state-wide fundraising activities for California, with a special emphasis on identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual major donors and maintenance and growth of foundation and corporate donors.
- Develop and monitor ambitious, comprehensive, and actionable development plan, including strategy and campaigns that incorporate, major gifts, the annual fund, events, corporate relations and foundation support.
- Manage a portfolio of about 50 donors and prospects with an emphasis on individual major donor prospects at the six- and seven-figure giving level.
- Track all donor communications, including process of acknowledgement letters and donor-related activities.
- Research and write letters, proposals and other materials; provide timely reporting and ensure compliance as required with grant awards.
- Represent the organization in attendance at events, meetings, trainings, conferences, and other activities.
- Oversee master calendar of development work and manage adherence to its task and timelines.
- Coach and mentor the California-based philanthropy team, including those who work in remote offices; ensuring accountability and maintaining a culture of positivity and stewardship.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8-10 years of continued professional fundraising experience
- Experience supervising philanthropy staff in multiple locations and in major donor cultivation. Proven track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts in the six and seven-figure range.
- Knowledge of current and evolving trends in major-gifts giving and solicitation and fundraising campaigns throughout CA and nation-wide
- Advanced communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Available for significant travel, in particular, to Los Angeles, around 30-40 percent
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume and cover letter, outlining your interest in nonprofit recruiting to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Director of Development” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not the best fit for you?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this fad.