Are you a mission-driven professional who is passionate about serving the nonprofit sector? Do you enjoy engaging with your community and donors? Are you adept at finding corporate sponsorships? Do you have a tech background?
We are currently in search of a Senior Director of Development for an International Technology Organization. The position is remote, based in Northern California. This is a permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: International Technology Organization
LOCATION: Northern California/Bay Area
POSITION TITLE: Senior Director of Development
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Senior Director of Development reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for planning, developing and maintaining the fundraising and sponsorship program to support and enhance the mission and vision.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s preferred
- 7+ years of demonstrable development and supervisory experience
- Excellent organizational, managerial and communication skills
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record
- Dependable and highly collaborative
- High energy with a passion for the mission
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Work with the CEO and senior staff, to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include corporate, foundation, government grants, etc.
- Develop a new revenue-generating models that reflect the organization’s unique position and leverage its membership model with NGOs, technology companies and high net worth individuals; oversee and coordinate fundraising activities.
- Increase funding to build out development team.
- Attract, develop, and retain a portfolio of donor partners; engage and pitch various stakeholders (high net worth individuals, family foundations, foundations, corporations).
- Steward a pipeline of existing donors to maintain strong donor relationships that deepen and grow over time.
- Work closely with Programs team to develop funding proposals; finalize and archive all proposals with a long-term relationship-management approach.
- Coordinate and present at corporate engagement events. Make presentations to new and potential corporate partners.
- Collaborate with marketing and communications team to effectively develop and implement visibility and marketing plans to support fundraising.
- Report status of corporate relationships including pipeline and operational reporting to Executive Team and the Board of Directors; staff the Board’s External Affairs Committee.
- Ensure that organizational donor records in Salesforce are complete and up to date and that report deadlines are met.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Senior Director of Development” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.