Are you a mission-driven professional who is passionate about serving the nonprofit sector?
Do you enjoy engaging with your community and donors?
Are you empowered by achieving goals with your team and growing professionally?
We are currently in search of a Senior Major Gifts Officer for a Progressive Nonprofit Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a Permanent, full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Progressive Nonprofit Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Senior Major Gifts Officer
SALARY: $80,000 – $100,000
Is This Your Dream Job? The Senior Major Gifts Officer is primarily responsible for growing the major gifts program, through the active management of current donors, re-engagement of lapsed donors, identification, solicitation, and cultivation of new donor opportunities, and implementing strategic and effective donor relations. This position reports to the Director of Individual Giving and is based in our Washington, D.C. office.
- Competitive health benefits package.
- Generous PTO
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of development experience including direct donor relations and fundraising.
- Candidate must be a self-starter, detail-oriented, well-organized and able to plan and execute projects from conception to completion.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including strong proofreading ability.
- Demonstrated ability to review large volume of information to find details relevant regarding potential prospects.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and frequent competing deadlines.
- Interest in progressive values.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Grow and manage an active portfolio of major gift donors and prospects, including research, identification, cultivation, face-to-face solicitation, and stewardship.
- With direction from the Director of Individual Giving, establish quarterly that meet the annual goals of the overall MG team.
- Participate in all trip briefings with development department staff, President, and staff in other departments.
- In collaboration with the Institutional Giving team and the President’s office, and with direction from the Director of Individual Giving, strategize travel planning, donor outreach, and event-related travel for the President and Development team staff.
- Distribute weekly Department calendar of staff travel, events, staff birthdays, and VIP donor birthdays.
- Assign weekly thank you assignments for online gifts and daily thank you assignments for daily office receipts.
- Schedule and lead bi-weekly meetings with the Political Director to establish and execute goals related to political fundraising, including the creation and execution of campaign building for new political initiatives.
- Execute strategic planning for prospective donor research and outreach for Labor Community, political donors, and political partners.
- In collaboration with Political Director, create and coordinate online and direct mail donor communications for political updates, cultivation, stewardship, and fundraising asks.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Senior Major Gifts Officer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.